Want to be with a leader? Join the team at E-Z UP®, the world leader in the Instant Shelter® industry for over 30 years. We are THE premier shelter brand with the best quality shelter products & accessories and service in the business.
E-Z UP®, known as the #1 Best Selling Instant Shelter in the World™, seeks a dynamic person to fill the role of Warehouse Manager. E-Z UP® has always set itself apart from other canopy makers with their innovative & highest quality products. E-Z UP® created the original Instant Shelter® in 1983 and is known worldwide as the market leader and innovator. E-Z UP desires to find an outstanding Warehouse Manager to be a key contributor in assuring our brand and voice align with our customers’ expectations.
The Warehouse Manager has the responsibility for coordinating and managing all warehouse activities on a daily basis. A Warehouse Manager must be able to deal with general management and strategic planning while also be able to be involved in practical work on the warehouse floor. This includes but is not limited to, managing and participating in the shipping, receiving, material handling, maintenance, and inventory accuracy in a manner consistent with high customer service, budgets, and corporate strategic plans. Other responsibilities will be ensuring company standards are met regarding safety, security, and productivity. The Warehouse Manager must not only make sure that employees are regularly briefed, supervised, and trained but also that any machinery or vehicles are maintained, upholding health, safety and security in the work place at all times. Be able to prioritize multiple tasks and coordinate activities to obtain results in a timely and efficient manner. Communicate proactively between associates and management.
- Maintain excellent customer service through effectively managing the overall shipping, receiving, material handling, maintenance, planning, and inventory accuracy operations for all entities.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and personnel policies and procedures.
- Utilizing WMS and experience to institute efficient product location and specific processes geared to the multi facets of the distribution process.
- Completes distribution and warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning proper labor and following up on work results. Assures staff is attentive and physically presentable to customers and vendors. Also assures staff (permanent and temporary) is operating efficiently.
- Maintain and analyze statistical and financial data (including warehouse KPIs) to monitor performance and make adjustments as appropriate and reporting on a periodic basis to the CFO and sales team.
- Maintains appropriate staff levels and structure by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training the right employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff results by coaching, counseling, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Closely tied to the sales order cycle to assure timely and accurate delivery to all customers.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction including timely and accurate delivery and maintaining packaging and shipping quality standards.
- Supports Inventory Manager in control of inventory levels by conducting cycle and annual physical counts; reconciling with ERP. In addition to keeping stock control systems up to date and planning future capacity requirements.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing expense variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes.
- Assure the physical organization and housekeeping of the physical warehouse and surrounding areas including entire facility management.
- Safeguards warehouse and distribution operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Negotiate pricing with freight carriers and source, negotiate, and establish new suppliers for packaging supplies and equipment.
- Work with Custom Brokers and Freight Forwarders in order to manage incoming containers and outbound shipments.
- Ensure facility is OSHA compliant and maintains awareness of policies and procedures regarding safety and industrial health.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Communicating with customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & EDUCATIONSkills:
- Microsoft Office
- Warehouse Computer System (Great Plains or NAV preferred)
- Shipping Systems
- RFQ / Barcode System
Required Qualifications (including education):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Seven years managerial experience in warehouse operations including supervision of staff
- Extensive knowledge with WMS
- Knowledge of inventory control, receiving, shipping, material handling, and standard warehouse power equipment
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish)
- Good communicator (verbal and written)
- Experience using ERP and other computer systems – Great Plains a plus
- Well organized
- Has developed and managed budgets
- Safety Management
- Has developed work standards and established/managed processes
- Analyzing Information
- Equipment Maintenance
- Good Judgment
- Valid California Drivers’ license and proof of insurance
- Forklift certified
- Medical, dental, vision & supplemental benefits provided after eligibility period
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday hours
- Fast paced, business casual work environment
- Drug Free environment
Qualified candidates submit resume with salary history to Human Resources. Southern California candidates only please, as relocation assistance is not available. We will contact only the most qualified candidates.