E-Z UP®, known as the #1 Best Selling Instant Shelter in the World™, seeks a dynamic person to fill the role of Site Merchandiser in their Norco headquarters office. E-Z UP® has always set itself apart from other canopy makers with their innovative & highest quality products. E-Z UP® created the original Instant Shelter® in 1983 and is known worldwide as the market leader and innovator. E-Z UP® is seeking Site Merchandiser, where you’ll help drive growth to the E-Z UP® digital business through execution and optimization of merchandising strategies on ezup.com and other E-Z UP® owned Digital properties.
As we are focused on improving our ability to use data in making informed decisions to drive growth through improved online merchandising, the right candidate is a self-starter and has a history of success in improving customer conversion in an e-commerce environment. Additionally, she/he has knowledge of UX/UI principles, and an eye for visual design. Knowledge of the Magento Enterprise platform is a major plus.
The Online Producer’s main responsibility is to manage the day to day look and feel of the ezup.com and other E-Z UP® owned digital properties, leading eCommerce development projects and the digital go-to-market process. Working with the Digital Marketing and Development as an integral member of these teams as well as the whole organization, the Online Producer is diligent about driving projects to completion in a timely manner, but is also responsible for triage, valuing and prioritization of these projects.
The following responsibilities/functions have been provided as examples of the types of work most likely associated with this position. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employee can perform the essential functions of the job
- Manage and evaluate existing site merchandising strategies, testing new opportunities and updating the site as data dictates.
- Manage the setup, testing, and maintenance of weekly/daily merchandising and creative strategies with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Develop and coordinate plans to test and modify various site elements such as navigation, product merchandising, customer treatment, and more.
- Monitor the site to ensure optimized performance around customer engagement and conversion across different customer types.
- Partner with NPD, Sales, Creative, Brand and Digital Marketing to manage multiple programs across our site on daily basis.
- Provide regular competitive analysis.
- Organize and manage new product launches gathering content and digital assets from cross-functional teams to properly create new product on storefront.
- Create and implement a daily / weekly / monthly merchandise content calendar while maintaining a keen awareness of the competitive landscape and broader ecommerce shopping trends. Maintain the supporting data architecture behind the products, including categories, product types, attributes, inventory, search engine, upsell and cross sell functionality.
- Manage key categories, product and content by utilizing customer behavior data, including product views, conversion, bounce rate and engagement, to inform navigation, content and product strategies.
- Responsible for pulling all reporting and analysis to optimize navigation, refinements, linking, and onsite search. Responsible for pulling weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting.
- Leverage website analytics to understand customer interaction to help identify business opportunities and risks.
- Continually drive improvements to the website experience by partnering with NPD, Sales and Development teams to influence features / functionality in our product and digital roadmaps.
- Review eCommerce platform and architecture with development teams to recommend effective options for implementing business functionality.
- Initiate/update discount/coupon codes for various marketing promotions.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in digital merchandising
- Understanding of retail ecommerce landscape
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- A keen eye for design and strong interest in translating our brand aesthetic through product offering
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite and the ability to quickly learn internal systems, processes and additional software/web-based applications
- Proven ability to function well in a collaborative environment
- Strong aptitude to work within deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with and present to individuals at all levels
- Self-motivated, resourceful with a creative mindset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to details.
- Experience with Magento enterprise eCommerce platforms very desirable.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of online applications, web development, eCommerce development frameworks and tools.
- Effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients at all levels of the organization.
- Industry experience in the Consumer Products Industry with an understanding of eCommerce success factors is highly desirable.
- SCRUM or other Agile experience very desirable.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others (verbally and in writing).
- Ability to work in a fast paced and consistently busy environment.
- Drug Free environment.
- Business casual work environment.
- Medical, dental, vision & supplemental benefits provided after eligibility period
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday hours
- Access to training programs and tools to ensure your success
At E-Z UP, we are fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing an environment of mutual respect to all applicants and teammates. Each qualified applicant and employee is recruited, employed, and evaluated without regard to any characteristic protected by law, such as race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, or status as military or veteran status. Equal employment opportunities are provided to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, discipline and termination. We provide a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.