Product Graphic Designer
E-Z UP®, known as the #1 Best Selling Instant Shelter in the World™, seeks a dynamic person to fill the role of Product Graphic Designer in their Norco headquarters office. E-Z UP® has always set itself apart from other canopy makers with their innovative & highest quality products. E-Z UP® created the original Instant Shelter® in 1983 and is known worldwide as the market leader and innovator. E-Z UP desires to find an outstanding Product Graphic Designer to be a key contributor in assuring our products meet or exceed our customers’ expectations.
The Product Graphic Designer’s main responsibility is to assist the Product Development Team with the design and creation of new product concepts, packaging, manuals and product specifications content. As an integral member of the Product Development Team, the Product Graphic Designer will promote the E-Z UP brand attributes through the development and consistent use of creative and unique graphic elements via assets used for production as well as digital, web and print mediums. The ideal candidate has a passion for product design elements, is current in design trends yet forward thinking, and has an eye for premium product attributes that separate themselves from the masses. Experience with top-of-category brands and products is a major plus.
- Develop product renderings and detailed design specifications for internal review and execution by the Product Development Team
- Conduct research and create trend guides to support projects and concepts
- Finalize all product and packaging artwork, related labeling and electronic files, and prepare for production
- Implement art corrections quickly and efficiently.
- Photo-retouching, including color correcting, cropping, resizing, format conversion, background extension, etc.
- Coordinate with marketing and social media for company advertising and product promotion communications.
- Update/maintain project status via corporate project management system
- Proof and approve press checks for production printing
- Maintain digital asset and graphic archive database on server while using established naming convention for assets
- Handle special projects as assigned
- Actively gain market and product knowledge across the Company’s business segments
- Design, revise and update product specifications and packaging in accordance with company standards as well as innovative design elements.
- Execute projects from start to finish and ensure that deliverable deadlines are met
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML, and photo editing.
- Working knowledge of 3D rendering software a plus
- Solid grasp of design concepts, ideally with a degree/education in graphic design
- Minimum of 3 years of experience designing product graphics for a product / manufacturing company
- Full understanding of preparing digital files for various types of production printing
- Possess a fundamental awareness of enterprise, technology, developer, and design trends
- Experience owning a wide variety of projects from concept through production
- Ability to deliver solid designs on a tight deadline
- Expert eye for detail and consistency; no detail is too small or insignificant
- Comfortable accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Excellent collaboration skills
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Flexibility to work overtime when required and on short notice.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others (verbally and in writing).
- Ability to work in a fast paced and consistently busy environment.
- Ability to avoid distractions and stay focused working effectively in a cubicle environment.
- Drug Free environment.
- Business casual work environment.
- Occasional light lifting.
- Medical, dental, vision & supplemental benefits provided after eligibility period
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday hours
- Access to training programs and tools to ensure your success
At E-Z UP, we are fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing an environment of mutual respect to all applicants and teammates. Each qualified applicant and employee is recruited, employed, and evaluated without regard to any characteristic protected by law, such as race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, or status as military or veteran status. Equal employment opportunities are provided to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, discipline and termination. We provide a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Qualified candidates submit resume to email@example.com. Southern California candidates only as relocation assistance is not available. We will contact only the most qualified candidates.