Help Desk Representative
Want to be with a leader?? Join the team at E-Z UP®, the world leader in the Instant Shelter® industry for over 30 years. We are THE premier shelter brand with the best quality shelter products & accessories and service in the business.
E-Z UP®, known as the #1 Best Selling Instant Shelter in the World™, seeks a dynamic person to fill the role of Help Desk Representative. E-Z UP® has always set itself apart from other canopy makers with their innovative & highest quality products. E-Z UP® created the original Instant Shelter® in 1983 and is known worldwide as the market leader and innovator. E-Z UP desires to find an outstanding Help Desk Representative to be a key contributor in assuring our products meet or exceed our customers’ expectations.
The Help Desk Representative is responsible for maintaining and monitoring end-users workstations and productivity on the local area network. Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-users workstations and network performance meet company and user requirements. Provide support to staff on all company-supported applications. Troubleshoot computer problems, determine source and advise on appropriate action. Complete application project-based work. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures.
The following responsibilities/functions have been provided as examples of the types of work most likely associated with this position. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employee can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Administers end-users workstations and supports end-user activities utilizing TCP/IP on a primarily Microsoft Windows based local area network (LAN).
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions.
- Installs, configures and maintains personal computers, Windows networks, Apple workstations, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, printers and related equipment.
- Performs and/or oversees software and application installation and upgrades.
- Maintains site licenses for department/organization.
- Plans and implements network security, managing host security, file permissions, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Develops and conducts various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Provides computer orientation to new and existing company staff.
- Degree in related field and 3 – 5 years of networking experience or equivalent applicable work experience.
- 1-2 years help desk experience.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal, corrective vision range; ability to see color and to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Frequently requires to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend and reach.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Flexibility to work overtime when required and on short notice.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and consistently busy environment.
- Ability to avoid distractions and stay focused working effectively in a cubicle environment.
- Drug Free environment.
- Business casual work environment.
- Medical, dental, vision & supplemental benefits provided after eligibility period
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday hours
- Access to training programs and tools to ensure your success
At E-Z UP, we are fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing an environment of mutual respect to all applicants and teammates. Each qualified applicant and employee is recruited, employed, and evaluated without regard to any characteristic protected by law, such as race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, or status as military or veteran status. Equal employment opportunities are provided to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, discipline and termination. We provide a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Monday through Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (Occasional overtime required).