Business Development Manager – Sports Athletic
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Market Development Manager to help us expand our market share in the Sports Athletic/Team Sports industries. The primary role of the Market Development Manager is to prospect for new clients/distributors in these industries by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential customers. You will be responsible for developing a rapport with new clients, set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. You will also be required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. You will be responsible for maximizing our sales team’s potential, generating sales plans and justifying those plans to upper management.
The following responsibilities/functions have been provided as examples of the types of work most likely associated with this position. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employee can perform the essential functions of the job
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs.
- Arrange and travel to business meetings with prospective clients.
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Develop entry level staff into valuable salespeople.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Determine key market development KPIs.
- Attend industry functions, such as various association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on both market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitor to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure projects are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Present market development training and mentoring to market developers and other internal staff.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Ensure data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Interact with account managers, team leaders/managers, and upper management to evaluate sales strategy and results.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related filed.
- 3-5 years of previous experience as a Market/Business Development Manager or similar role working and selling directly into the Sports Athletic/Team Sports Industries.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role.
- Demonstrated and proven sales results.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to analyze and report on data and sales statistics.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Travel required.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others (verbally and in writing).
- Ability to work in a fast paced and consistently busy environment.
- Drug Free environment.
- Business casual work environment.
- Medical, dental, vision & supplemental benefits provided after eligibility period
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday hours
- Fast paced, business casual work environment
- Drug Free environment
At E-Z UP, we are fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing an environment of mutual respect to all applicants and teammates. Each qualified applicant and employee is recruited, employed, and evaluated without regard to any characteristic protected by law, such as race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, or status as military or veteran status. Equal employment opportunities are provided to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, discipline and termination. We provide a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Qualified candidates submit resume to HR@ezup.com. Southern California candidates only as relocation assistance is not available. We will contact only the most qualified candidates.