Hawaii Sweepstakes Rules
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN GRAND PRIZE. VALID IN ALL 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The E-Z Up Hawaii Vacation Sweepstakes (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, retirees, and agents of International E-Z UP, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and each of their parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to win. Promotion begins on January 1, 2009 at 12:01:00 a.m. and ends on December 31, 2009 at 11:59:59 p.m. (“Promotion Period”).
3. TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter:
(i) Log onto the website: http://www.ezup.com/hawaiisweepstakes during the Promotion Period and follow the instructions to complete the sweepstakes entry form, including your name, address, zip code, age, day and evening phone numbers and e mail address. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. on December 31, 2009.
(ii) Send a 3 x 5 card with your name, address, zip code, age, day and evening phone number (email address optional) to Sweepstakes Entry, E-Z Up Hawaii Vacation Sweepstakes, 1601 Iowa Avenue, Riverside California 92507. All entries must be postmarked by December 31, 2009.
All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned. Limit one entry per person regardless of method of entry.
4. PRIZE AND CONDITIONS FOR AWARDING PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to one (1) Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize is: A seven (7) day vacation for two (2) from Los Angeles, California to Oahu, Hawaii (“Grand Prize”). Approximate Retail Value (ARV):$ 2,500.00. The Grand Prize includes round trip air fare from Los Angeles, California and six nights lodging based on double occupancy accommodations in Sponsors’ sole and complete discretion. The Grand Prize winner must obtain, at his or her own expense, round trip travel arrangements from his or her home to Los Angeles International airport. The terms and conditions imposed by all applicable airlines apply. All expenses not expressly stated in the Grand Prize, including by way of example and not by limitation, meals, train, bus or other ground transportation, upgrades, hotel incidentals, in room charges (e.g. mini-bar, room service, telephone, Internet), security fees, passport fees, travel visas, gratuities, phone calls, excursions, activities, or insurance are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Travel restrictions, blackout dates, conditions and limitations may apply. Grand Prize winner's travel companion must be 21 years of age or older as of January 15, 2010, must obtain at his or her own expense, round trip travel arrangements from his or her home to Los Angeles International Airport and must sign a Liability and Publicity Release. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Grand Prize must be redeemed by October 31, 2010 or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Grand Prize winner is responsible for all applicable taxes incurred by winning the Grand Prize. Sponsor will provide the Grand Prize winner with an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for any applicable fees and all insurance, federal, state and local taxes, if any, and incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize is provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. The Grand Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by the Grand Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Grand Prize is unavailable and/or undeliverable for any reason in the sole and complete discretion of Sponsor.
5. PRIZE DRAWING: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected at random by Sponsor no later than January 31, 2010. The Grand Prize winner will be notified via Federal Express, phone and e mail no later than February 28, 2010. The Grand Prize winner must provide a valid I.D., and Social Security number, and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release, which must be completed, signed and returned within fourteen (14) days from date of issuance, or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If the Grand Prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. By accepting the Grand Prize, winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules.
6. ODDS: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
7. OFFICIAL RULES: Official Rules may be obtained by (i) sending a self addressed stamped envelope to Official Rules, E-Z Up Hawaii Vacation Sweepstakes, 1601 Iowa Avenue, Riverside California 92507 or (ii) by logging onto http://www.ezup.com/hawaiisweepstakesrules.
8. OTHER CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, (b) the Promotion or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Official Rules, or (c) the Promotion is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, contractors, sub-contractors, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Promotion or acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize, including without limitation, the Grand Prize. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing of the promotion materials or the offering or announcement of the prizes (ii) any error, printing error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (iii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, printing error, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iv) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (v) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Promotion, (vi) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Promotion in any way shall be disqualified. Additional restrictions may apply.
9. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes the Grand Prize winner’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including online and offline), Grand Prize winner’s name, city, photograph, likeness, voice, image, in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval.
10. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, participants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective, and any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by entrant with regard to this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees, punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages. All issues and question concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
11. WINNER LIST: For the winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by March 30, 2010 to: Winners List, E-Z Up Hawaii Vacation Sweepstakes, 1601 Iowa Avenue, Riverside California 92507.
12. SPONSOR: International E-Z UP, Inc. 1601 Iowa Avenue, Riverside, California 92507.